Claim compensation for food poisoning

If you have suffered from food poisoning after visiting a restaurant or purchasing prepared food you could make a claim for compensation. It is not always simple to do this as the link betweeen the poisoning and what caused it needs to be proved and that can be difficult.

The first thing you should do if you suspect you know the source of your food poisoning is report it to the your local Environmental Health Officer (you can get contact details from the Food Standards Agency website). This is the equivalent of reporting a theft to the police and will start the investigation process.

Using a solicitor that is experienced in this type of claim is very important as they will understand how to progress the claim most effectively.

If you need advice or simply want to talk to someone about making a claim call us on 0800 804 8186 or complete our online claim form.